Friday, September 10, 2010

Tonight - Photography Show @ Mixture (Little Italy, SD)

"High Voltage" - c. Monica Hoover 2010 4'x6' panel - Newest Panel in the collection. Come see it at the Mixture Photography show - info below.

MIXTURE EVENT+

FEATURING:
Featuring photographic works by local San Diego photographers: David Harrison, Monica Hoover, Anthony Levas, Frank Rogozienski and Lisa Smith.


WHERE:
Mixture - (Home Furnishings)
2210 Kettner Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92101.
* Corner of Kettner & Ivy

WHEN:
6pm - 8:30pm. Public Reception (I have to do a quick photo shoot this evening from 5:30 to 8pm. I'm going to be at Mixture before from 230-430, and then I'll head back around 8:15 if you want to stop by and say hello.)


I first met Misti and Brumbi (Owners of Mixture) back in 2003 / 2004 when they first opened their store. I was working with Riviera Magazine / Dawn Triemstra - to shoot an editorial / lifestyle piece on Mixture. We set up a lifestyle shoot / dinner party including several different people. One of whom was a stranger to me then, but now one of my dearest friends and awesome lady all around - Elise Purcell.. I need to dig up that shoot and scan and post those photos.. So thats how I met Mixture. Since then we've stayed n touch over the years. A few months ago I did a bunch of product, event and exterior photography for Mixture. It was at this point Misti asked me if I would be interested in being apart of this photography show. She said the photographers that they have selected - are all photographers that are 'Mixture family' - who have done work with Mixture over the years. So naturally, I said 'of course! & thank you!"

Interesting - one of the other exhibiting Photographers is Frank Rogozienski. I met Frank for the first time about 5 months ago when I took my Art Institute Photography class to his studio for a field trip. I was referred to Frank from our mutual friend and amazing photographer Bil Zelman.. (Thanks Bil!) - And so now Frank and I are in the same show. Pretty cool how things connect. From what I saw of Frank's fine art "Americana" work - its just gorgeous & worth a look & a purchase if you can!

Hope you can make it tonight! - & for the adventerous ones, the after party: we'll be hanging out at the Ruby Room in Hillcrest 9pm - to watch my husband's band 'Mr. Orange Undercover" play - its a reunion show. They split up in 2007 because the drummer had moved. So its a one night show tonight - thats gonna be rockin!

No comments: